Freight Transport - CIVE97129
- The impact of recent trends in logistics and supply chain management on freight transport.
- Presentations on the strategic, tactical and operational levels of freight transport.
- Routing and scheduling methods used in tour and load planning.
- The developing field of mobile communication in freight transport.
- City logistics: the problems and solutions for freight transport in cities.
- The specialist fields of port logistics, construction logistics and hazardous material transport.
- Freight flow modelling techniques as used in national, regional and urban planning.
Operational Research and Systems Analysis - CIVE97004
To introduce the students to some of the operational research methods that are used in the systems approach to Engineering and Management, so as to provide them with the requisite tools for the mathematical representation of decision-making problems, in particular emphasising the roles of uncertainty and risk.
Mathematics I - CIVE40003
Transport and its Context - CIVE97116
- To introduce students to the fundamentals of the transport system and the context in which it operates, forming the foundation and basis for the rest of the transport MSc courses.