Carbon Capture and Storage, Clean Energy Production. Study of pyrolysis, combustion and gasification of solid fuels, including biomass, wastes and coal, with integrated carbon capture and storage.
- Clean production of energy from fossil fuels: developing systems for carbon capture and storage, including pre and post combustion CO2 separation and oxyfiring of existing plant.
- Combustion of blends of pulverised coals and co-combustion of coal with biomass or wastes.
- Synergies between industry and power generation, with integrated cabon capture and storage
- Trace element and other toxic emissions from the combustion and gasification of biomass, wastes and coal, including leaching properties of solid residues from such processing.
- Characterization of emissions of particulate matter from combustion sources