Po-Heng (Henry) Lee obtained his Ph.D., M.S., B.S. and A.A.S. in Environmental Engineering from Iowa State University (2010), USA, National Chiao Tung University (2003), National Ilan University (2001), and Hungkuang University (1999), Taiwan, respectively. He joined Imperial College London (2019) after positions at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China (2012-2018) and Inha University, South Korea (2010-2012).
His research emphasises anaerobic, micro-aeration and anmmox-based biotechnologies and metabolisms for resource recovery, energy-efficient pollution control, and human health.
1. Novel Interspecies associations in wave function (e.g., material-induced direct interspecies electron transfer, syntrophic interaction, gene expression for limited oxygen energetics and resistance);
2. Electron tunnelling in enzymes and redox cofactors
3. Value-added chemicals (e.g., methane, polyhydroxyalkanoates, 1, 3-propanediol and caproate);
4. Co-metabolism of pharmaceuticals and resistant compounds;
5. 5G-network in-situ data collection, biocomputation and automated feedback control Cloud.
Wastewater Engineering; Anaerobes; Quantum Metabolism; Meta-epigenomics; Meta-omics; Thermodynamics
- Lam, T.Y.C., Mei, R., Wu, Z., Lee, P.K.H., Liu, W.T.*, Lee, P.H.** 2020. Superior resolution characterisation of microbial diversity in anaerobic digesters using full-length 16S rRNA gene amplicon sequencing. Water Res. 115815.
- Leng, L., Nobu, K.M., Narihiro, T., Yang, P.X., Tan, G.Y., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Shaping microbial consortia in coupling glycerol fermentation and carboxylate chain elongation for co-production of 1, 3-propanediol and caproate: Pathways and Mechanisms. Water Res. 148. 281-291.
- Yang, P., Tan, A., Aslam, M., Kim, J., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metatranscriptomic evidence for classical and RuBisCO-mediated CO2 reduction to methane facilitated by direct interspecies electron transfer in a methanogenic system. Sci. Rep. 9 (1), 4116.
- Ji, X., Wu, Z., Sung, S., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metagenomics and metatranscriptomics analyses reveal oxygen detoxification and mixotrophic potentials of an enriched anammox culture in a continuous stirred-tank reactor. Water Res. 166. 115039.
- Leng, L., Yang, P.X., Mao, Y.P., Wu, Z.Y., Zhang, T., Lee, P.H.* 2017. Thermodynamic and physiological study of caproate and 1,3-propanediol co-production through glycerol fermentation and fatty acids chain elongation” Water Res, 114. 200-209.
et al., 2020, Use of polymeric scouring agent as fluidized media in anaerobic fluidized bed membrane bioreactor for wastewater treatment: System performance and microbial community, Journal of Membrane Science, Vol:606, ISSN:0376-7388
et al., 2020, Flocs in disguise? High granule abundance found in continuous-flow activated sludge treatment plants., Water Res, Vol:179
et al., 2020, Beyond Energy Balance: Environmental Trade-Offs of Organics Capture and Low Carbon-to-Nitrogen Ratio Sewage Treatment Systems, Environmental Science & Technology, Vol:54, ISSN:0013-936X, Pages:4746-4757
et al., 2020, Superior resolution characterisation of microbial diversity in anaerobic digesters using full-length 16S rRNA gene amplicon sequencing., Water Res, Vol:178
Ji X, Wang Y, Lee P-H, 2020, Evolution of microbial dynamics with the introduction of real seawater portions in a low-strength feeding anammox process., Appl Microbiol Biotechnol