Po-Heng (Henry) Lee obtained his Ph.D., M.S., B.S. and A.A.S. in Environmental Engineering from Iowa State University (2010), USA, National Chiao Tung University (2003), National Ilan University (2001), and Hungkuang University (1999), Taiwan, respectively. He joined Imperial College London (2019) after positions at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China (2012-2018) and Inha University, South Korea (2010-2012).
His research emphasises anaerobic biotechnologies, such as fermentation, digestion, and anammox, for resources recovery (e.g., methane, polyhydroxyalkanoates, 1, 3-propanediol and caproate) and reclaimed water reuse (i.e. removal of disinfection byproduct precursors and pharmaceuticals). Specifically, his team attempts to gain insights into interspecies association in digester and anammox microbiomes (e.g., quantum-induced direct interspecies electron transfer (DIET), syntrophic interaction, oxygen resistance) using thermodynamic, meta-omic, and quantum coherence techniques. Such microbial association is also expanded to other biological fields, such as medical applications.
Wastewater Engineering; Resource Recovery; Anaerobes; Quantum Metabolism; Meta-epigenomics; Microbial Thermodynamics; Meta-Omic Techniques.
- Leng, L., Nobu, K.M., Narihiro, T., Yang, P.X., Tan, G.Y., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Shaping microbial consortia in coupling glycerol fermentation and carboxylate chain elongation for co-production of 1, 3-propanediol and caproate: Pathways and Mechanisms. Water Res. 148. 281-291.
- Wu, Z., Meng, H., Huang, X., Wang, Q., Chen, W.H., Gu, J.D., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Salinity-driven heterogeneity toward anammox distribution and growth kinetics. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 1. 1-9.
- Yang, P., Tan, A., Aslam, M., Kim, J., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metatranscriptomic evidence for classical and RuBisCO-mediated CO2 reduction to methane facilitated by direct interspecies electron transfer in a methanogenic system. Sci. Rep. 9 (1), 4116.
- Ji, X., Wu, Z., Sung, S., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metagenomics and metatranscriptomics analyses reveal oxygen detoxification and mixotrophic potentials of an enriched anammox culture in a continuous stirred-tank reactor. Water Res. 166. 115039.
- Leng, L., Yang, P.X., Mao, Y.P., Wu, Z.Y., Zhang, T., Lee, P.H.* 2017. Thermodynamic and physiological study of caproate and 1,3-propanediol co-production through glycerol fermentation and fatty acids chain elongation” Water Res, 114. 200-209.
et al., 2019, Metagenomics and metatranscriptomics analyses reveal oxygen detoxification and mixotrophic potentials of an enriched anammox culture in a continuous stirred-tank reactor., Water Res, Vol:166
et al., 2019, Intermittent micro-aeration: New strategy to control volatile fatty acid accumulation in high organic loading anaerobic digestion., Water Res, Vol:166
et al., 2019, A Standardized Stoichiometric Life-Cycle Inventory for Enhanced Specificity in Environmental Assessment of Sewage Treatment., Environ Sci Technol, Vol:53, Pages:5111-5123
et al., 2019, Computational analysis of non-heme iron-oxo formation by direct NO release in nitrite reduction., Phys Chem Chem Phys, Vol:21, Pages:6643-6650
et al., 2019, Multi-agent simulation regulated by microbe-oriented thermodynamics and kinetics equations for exploiting interspecies dynamics and evolution between methanogenesis, sulfidogenesis, hydrogenesis and exoelectrogenesis., J Hazard Mater, Vol:366, Pages:573-581