Po-Heng (Henry) Lee obtained his Ph.D., M.S., B.S. and A.A.S. in Environmental Engineering from Iowa State University (2010), USA, National Chiao Tung University (2003), National Ilan University (2001), and Hungkuang University (1999), Taiwan, respectively. He joined Imperial College London (2019) after positions at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China (2012-2018) and Inha University, South Korea (2010-2012).
Henry works at the intersection of microbial energetics, genomics and quantum mechanisms in environments and engineered systems. Current interests are on 1) the interaction between microbiomes and conductive materials and 2) microbe responses to sub-nanomolar levels of oxygen and antibiotics. Research in his team includes both Quantum computing and experimental approaches, enabling the manipulations of microbiomes for the environment and human health.
Keywords: Environmental Biotechnology; Meta-omics; Electron transfer via quantum mechanics; Quantum Bioinformatics
- Wu, Z., Nguyen, D., Lam, T.Y.C., Zhuang, H., Shrestha, S., Raskin, L., Khanal, S.*, Lee, P.H.** 2021. Synergistic association between cytochrome bd-encoded Proteiniphilum and reactive oxygen species (ROS)-scavenging methanogens in microaerobic-anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic biomass. Water Res. 116721.
- Lam, T.Y.C., Mei, R., Wu, Z., Lee, P.K.H., Liu, W.T.*, Lee, P.H.** 2020. Superior resolution characterisation of microbial diversity in anaerobic digesters using full-length 16S rRNA gene amplicon sequencing. Water Res. 115815.
- Leng, L., Nobu, K.M., Narihiro, T., Yang, P.X., Tan, G.Y., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Shaping microbial consortia in coupling glycerol fermentation and carboxylate chain elongation for co-production of 1, 3-propanediol and caproate: Pathways and Mechanisms. Water Res. 148. 281-291.
- Yang, P., Tan, A., Aslam, M., Kim, J., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metatranscriptomic evidence for classical and RuBisCO-mediated CO2 reduction to methane facilitated by direct interspecies electron transfer in a methanogenic system. Sci. Rep. 9 (1), 4116.
- Ji, X., Wu, Z., Sung, S., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metagenomics and metatranscriptomics analyses reveal oxygen detoxification and mixotrophic potentials of an enriched anammox culture in a continuous stirred-tank reactor. Water Res. 166. 115039.
et al., 2021, Synergistic association between cytochrome bd-encoded Proteiniphilum and reactive oxygen species (ROS)-scavenging methanogens in microaerobic-anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic biomass., Water Res, Vol:190
et al., 2021, Underpinning unique genes in Ca. Brocadia sp. and its interspecies association potentials in a partial nitrification/anammox system with low-strength wastewater, Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol:405, ISSN:1385-8947
et al., 2021, Evaluation of a full-scale suspended sludge deammonification technology coupled with an hydrocyclone to treat thermal hydrolysis dewatering liquors, Processes, Vol:9, Pages:1-15
Huang X, Lee PH, 2021, Shortcut nitrification/denitrification through limited-oxygen supply with two extreme COD/N-and-ammonia active landfill leachates, Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol:404, ISSN:1385-8947
et al., 2020, Catabolism and interactions of uncultured organisms shaped by eco-thermodynamics in methanogenic bioprocesses., Microbiome, Vol:8