Po-Heng (Henry) Lee is Senior Lecturer of Wastewater Engineering in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Imperial College London. His research emphasizes anaerobic biotechnology, such as fermentation, digestion, mainstream anammox, for mining resources (e.g., methane, 1, 3-Propanediol and Caproate) and reclaimed water reuse (i.e. removal of disinfection byproduct precursors and pharmaceuticals) from wastewaters. Specifically, Henry attempts to gain insights into the relationships between bacterial/archaeal metabolism and materials, as well as interspecies interaction, using thermodynamic, meta-omic, and quantum coherence techniques. Most recently, he focuses on quantum electrodynamics effect on microbial epigenomics to tailor-make value-added chemicals for sustainable wastewater management. Such an effect is also expanded to other biological fields, such as bioprocessing and medical applications.
Henry obtained his PhD in Environmental Engineering from the Iowa State University, USA in 2010 and received his MS, BS and AAS, also in Environmental Engineering, from National Chiao Tung University, National Ilan University, and Hungkuang University in Taiwan in 2003, 2001, and 1999, respectively. He moved to Imperial College in 2019 after positions at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China and Inha University, South Korea.
- Leng, L., Nobu, K.M., Narihiro, T., Yang, P.X., Tan, G.Y., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Shaping Microbial Consortia in Coupling Glycerol Fermentation and Carboxylate Chain Elongation for Co-production of 1, 3-Propanediol and Caproate: Pathways and Mechanisms. Water Res. 148. 281-291.
- Wu, Z., Meng, H., Huang, X., Wang, Q., Chen, W.H., Gu, J.D., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Salinity-driven heterogeneity toward anammox distribution and growth kinetics. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 1. 1-9.
- Yang, P., Tan, A., Aslam, M., Kim, J., Lee, P.H.* 2019. Metatranscriptomic evidence for classical and RuBisCO-mediated CO2 reduction to methane facilitated by direct interspecies electron transfer in a methanogenic system. Sci. Rep. 9 (1), 4116.
- Wang, Q., Tan, G.Y., Azari, M., Huang, X., Denecke, M., Men, Y., Jung, J.Y., Okabe, S., Ali, M., Huang,Y.T., Wu, Z., Lo, W.H., Gu, J.D., Lin, G.W.,* Lee, P.H.** 2018. Insights into the roles of anammox bacteria in post-treatment of anaerobically-treated sewage. Crit. Rev. Environ. Sci. Technol. 6. 655-684.
- Leng, L., Yang, P.X., Mao, Y.P., Wu, Z.Y., Zhang, T., Lee, P.H.* 2017. Thermodynamic and physiological study of caproate and 1,3-propanediol co-production through glycerol fermentation and fatty acids chain elongation” Water Res, 114. 200-209.
et al., 2019, A Standardized Stoichiometric Life-Cycle Inventory for Enhanced Specificity in Environmental Assessment of Sewage Treatment., Environ Sci Technol, Vol:53, Pages:5111-5123
et al., 2019, Computational analysis of non-heme iron-oxo formation by direct NO release in nitrite reduction., Phys Chem Chem Phys, Vol:21, Pages:6643-6650
et al., 2019, Nanosized Copper Selenide Functionalized Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework-8 (CuSe/ZIF-8) for Efficient Immobilization of Gas-Phase Elemental Mercury, Advanced Functional Materials, ISSN:1616-301X
et al., 2019, Metatranscriptomic evidence for classical and RuBisCO-mediated CO2 reduction to methane facilitated by direct interspecies electron transfer in a methanogenic system, Scientific Reports, Vol:9, ISSN:2045-2322
et al., 2019, Solvent-free hydrothermal synthesis of gamma-aluminum oxide nanoparticles with selective adsorption of Congo red., J Colloid Interface Sci, Vol:536, Pages:180-188