Rosemary is part of the Liaison Team in Central Library, providing support for learning, teaching and research activities in the Business School and the School of Professional Development; this includes the Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication (CLCC) and the Educational Development Unit.
Support is delivered via information literacy teaching sessions, one-to-one appointments, email, skype and telephone. Staff and students are welcome to get in touch with any queries on finding information and using the library, including:
- Finding information for assignments, final projects and research
- Using search tools such as Library Search, databases, search engines and other online resources
- Evaluating information especially resources found on the internet for academic research
- Avoiding plagiarism and how to reference appropriately
- Using reference management software such as RefWorks
- Keeping up to date in your research area
- Open access publishing
- make your online scholarly work available free of charge to anyone
- comply with research funder and Imperial’s policies
Working with the Liaison Team, Rosemary is also responsible for ensuring the online and print library collections meet teaching and research needs and she works closely departments to ensure delivery. The team is also responsible for the Library's Special Collections and the Haldane Cultural and Recreational Collection.
Rosemary joined Imperial in 2015, having previously worked in library and applied research roles at UKOLN (University of Bath), South Bank University and the British Council. She has served on a number of national and international advisory committees and steering groups and maintains a research interest in scholarly communication and open access.
Russell R, Lincoln H, 2018, Developing Open Access support for business PhD researchers at Imperial College London, Aliss Quarterly, Vol:13, ISSN:1747-9258
Russell R, Day M, 2010, Institutional Repository Interaction With Research Users: A Review of Current Practice, New Review of Academic Librarianship, Vol:16, ISSN:1361-4533, Pages:116-131
et al., DRIVER: Building the network for accessing digital repositories across Europe, Ariadne, ISSN:0178-1073
Dempsey L, Russell R, Murray R, 1999, A utopian place of criticism? brokering access to network information, Journal of Documentation, Vol:55, ISSN:0022-0418, Pages:33-70
et al., 2005, A standards framework for digital library programmes