- Interdisciplinary Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Mathematical-Theoretical Physics
- Complex Multiscale Systems
- Engineering Science
- Statistical mechanics of classical fluids and dynamic density-functional theory
- Phase transitions of fluids in confinement
- Transport in complex multiphase systems with perforated-strongly heterogeneous domains
- Multiscale fluid mechanics; dynamics of moving contact lines
- Data-driven coarse graining
- Noise-induced phase transitions
- Pattern formation in active dispersive-dissipative nonlinear media
- "Discrete self-similarity in Interfacial hydrodynamics and the formation of iterated structures," with M.C. Dallaston, M.A. Fontelos and D. Tseluiko, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120 Art. No. 034505, 2018.
- "General framework for fluctuating dynamic density functional theory," with M.A. Duran-Olivencia, P. Yatsyshin and B.D. Goddard, New J. Phys. 19 Art. No. 123022, 2017. Article featured on the Imperial College website and video abstract available from the IOP website.
- "Complete prewetting," with P. Yatsyshin and A.O. Parr, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 28, Art. No. 275001, 2016. Article was highlighted by the reviewers as being particularly significant to the community and featured at JPhys blog.
- "A new mode reduction strategy for the generalized Kuramoto-Sivashinsky equation," with M. Schmuck, M. Pradas and G.A. Pavliotis, IMA J. Appl. Math. 8 273-301, 2015.
- "The asymptotics of the moving contact line: cracking an old nut," with D.N. Sibley and A. Nold, J. Fluid Mech. 764 445-462, 2015.
- Advanced School on "Thin Films of Soft Matter" Udine, Italy, July 18-22, 2005. Co-ordinator with Uwe Thiele. Lecturers: Hsueh-Chia Chang, Jens Eggers, Serafim Kalliadasis, David Quere, Ralf Seeman, Uwe Thiele. My lecture notes: Falling Films Under Complicated Conditions.
- "Dynamics of a Reactive Falling Film" Microgravity Research Center Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, Sep 5-6, 2005
- "Thin Films in the Presence of Chemical Reactions" Applied Mathematics Seminars for Postgraduate Students, School of Mathematics, University of Birmingham UK, Mar 15, 2006. Lectures slides
- "Recent progress on the moving contact line problem" Programme "Mathematical Modelling and Analysis of Complex Fluids and Active Media in Evolving Domains" Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 2013.
- "Three-dimensional coherent structures of interfacial turbulence" Bristol Centre for Applied Nonlinear Maths, UK, 2007
- ''Three-dimensional wave dynamics in falling liquid films: formation of lattices of interact ing stationary solitary pulses'' Programme ''Pattern Formation in Large Domains '' Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 2005
- ''Self-organization of 3D waves in an active dispersive-dissipative nonlinear medium'' Mechanics Seminar Laboratoire FAST and Laboratoire LIMSI, Universite P. et M. Curie et Paris Sud, France, 2005
Our work is primarily funded by:
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council of the UK (Engineering, Mathematical Sciences and Physics Programmes)
- European Union (FP7-Marie Curie Initial Training Networks and European Research Council)
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT THE