* Mobility services
* Accessibility theory
* Traffic control strategies
* Pricing and market governance
Le Vine is appointed as an Assistant Professor at SUNY New Paltz, a Research Associate at Imperial College, and a Visiting Professor in the School of Transportation and Logistics at Southwest Jiaotong University (Chengdu, China).
He frequently delivers invited talks to audiences in academia practicing urban planners, and the automotive industry. He is lead-inventor of patent-pending congestion pricing technology for Self-Driving (Automated) Cars, and has provided expert testimony to various levels of government in both the UK and US.
Le Vine serves on the U.S. National Academy of Sciences' standing committees on Public Transport Innovations (TRB-AP020), Intelligent Transportation Systems (TRB-AHB15), and Vehicle Automation (TRB-AHB15). He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) and holds a Professional Planning (PP) licence (#33LI00595000) in New Jersey, U.S.
Le Vine co-edited (with John Polak) a 2015 Special Issue of Transportation on Shared-Mobility, and recently co-authored (with Martin Lee-Gosselin) the Transport and Environment chapter of the forthcoming 4th edition of The Geography of Urban Transportation, a textbook widely-used in masters-level and advanced-undergraduate transport planning courses.
He holds degrees from McGill University (Geography), NYU (Urban/Transportation Planning) and Imperial College (Transport Studies, thesis available here).
Listing of published studies:
4) Carsharing: Evolution, challenges and opportunities (Sept '14)
5) Automated Cars: A Smooth Ride Ahead? (Feb '14)
6) British case study in 'Mobility Y' -- The emerging travel patterns of Generation Y. (Jul '13)
7) On the Move: Making sense of car and train travel trends in Britain (Dec '12, featured on BBC's Inside Out) (Companion Scottish report, Jun '13; Companion Welsh report, Dec '14)
Listing of short general-readership pieces:
9) In Britain today, it ain't easy being green (Jul '13)
10) Bring 'em on? Planning for the robo-cars (Jun '13)
12) The drive-it-yourself taxi: A smooth ride? (Jan '13)