Advanced Robotics - CO433
In this module you will have the opportunity to:
- address topics of advanced robotics, with a focus on real-time state estimation and mapping
- see how robotics research can be applied to drones and Augmented and Virtual Reality
- learn about extended challenges including 6D motion estimation and control, focusing on the camera as a core sensor
- discuss fusion with complementary sensors such as Inertial Measurement Units, which have recently become very popular
- be provided with the understanding, mathematical tools, and practical experience that allow you to implement your own multi-sensor Simultaneous Localisation And Mapping (SLAM) algorithms for deployment on a broad range of mobile robots, drones in particular
This modules builds on previous Robotics modules. That knowledge is assumed.