- Water resources and environmental change
- Hydrological simulation and prediction
- Integrated water resources management
- Hydrological monitoring, participatory approaches, and citizens science
- Decision support and the science - policy interface
- 2016 - 2020: Citizen science for landslide risk reduction and disaster resilience building in mountain regions. UK NERC/DFID (£2M). Lead Principal Investigator.
- 2016 - 2019: Coupled Human And Natural Systems Environment (CHANSE) for water management under uncertainty in the Indo-Gangetic Plain. UK NERC (£1.25M). Co-I (led by Ana Mijic, Imperial College London).
- 2013 - 2017: Adaptive governance of mountain ecosystem services for poverty alleviation enabled by environmental virtual observatories (MOUNTAIN-EVO). UK NERC/ESRC/DFID (£ 1.8 M). Lead Principal Investigator.
For a full list of past research grants refer to our group website
- Charles Zogheib
- Hsi-Kai Chou
- Simon De Stercke (co-supervised with Dr Ana Mijic)
- Boris Ochoa
- Peter Blair
- Sam Grainger
- Tilashwork Chanie
- 2016: Manz, Bastian. Evaluation and Advancement of Satellite Precipitation Estimation over the Tropical Andes
- 2016: O'Keeffe, Jimmy. Development of hydro-economic models to support water resources management in the Ganga Basin in a poverty alleviation context
- 2016: Moulds, Simon. Mapping the vulnerability of water resources under environmental change: case studies in Peru and India
- 2016: Liu, Xi. Integrated modelling and performance analysis of Blue Green technologies in urban environments (Co-supervisor with prof C. Maksomovic)
- 2015: Vitolo, Claudia. Environmental Models as Web Services.
- 2015: Tsarouchi, Gina. Development of a Distributed Catchment Hydrological Model and Assessing the Impacts of Land Use Changes on Flooding in the Ganges Basin
- 2014: Almeida, Susana. Predicting River Flows in Ungauged Catchments for Flood and Drought Applications (co-supervisor with prof Neil McIntyre)
- 2014: Zulkafli, Zed. The hydrology of the Peruvian Amazon River and its sensitivity to climate change
- 2009-2013: Bergin (Ward), Emma. Statistical Downscaling for Hydrological Applications in the Tropical Andes