- Co-organiser, International Summer School on Human-Robot Interaction, EU Cognitive Systems Network of Excellence/IEEE Robotics and Automation Society/EU projects ALIZ_E and ACCOMPANY, 2013 - 2013
- Co-organiser of the workshop, IEEE/RSJ IROS-2012 Workshop on Progress, Challenges and Future Perspectives in Navigation and Manipulation Assistance for Robotic Wheelchairs, IEEE/Robotics Society of Japan, 2012
- Member of the Review College, EPSRC Peer Review College, EPSRC, 2011
- Programme co-chair, ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, ACM and IEEE - 2008
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Fellow, British Computer Society (BCS), 2014
- Fellow, Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), 2014
- Fellow, Royal Statistical Society (RSS), 2014
- Senior Member (SMIEEE), Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, 2008
Links with Other Academic Bodies
- EU FP7 STREP project EFAA: Experimental Functional Android Assistant, Universities of Sheffield (UK), Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain), CNRS (France), and Italian Institute of Technology, 2011 - 2013
- EU FP7 project ALIZ-E: Adaptive Strategies for Sustainable Long-Term Social Interaction, DFKI Language Technology Center (Germany), Universities of Brussels, Plymouth, Hertfordshire, National Research Council (Italy), Fondatzione Centro San Raffaele (Italy), Aldebaran Robotics (France), 2010 - 2014
- BAE Systems, SEAS DTC project "Living Maps:Affordances-attributed world multi-representations"
- General Dynamics UK Ltd, DIF DTC project: Hierarchical Attentive Multiple Models for Execution and Recognition (HAMMER)
- MBDA UK, SEAS DTC Project "Planning Trajectories in Complex Environments"
- Interaction Studies: Social Behaviour and Communication in Biological and Artificial Systems, Member of the editorial board