Yuqi is a Research Associate in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London. He is working with Professor Guillermo Rein in the area of Smouldering Combustion and Fire Science in Imperial Hazelab.
He comes from China and studied Safety Engineering at China University of Geosciences (BS 2012), Safety Science and Engineering at State Key Laboratory of Fire Science (SKLFS), University of Science and Technology of China (MSc 2015), and Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London (PhD 2019).
His research interests include Biomass Combustion, Fire safety, Emissions and Geoengineering.
- Y. Hu, E. Christensen, H.M.F. Amin, T.E.L. Smith and G. Rein. (2019) Experimental study of moisture content effects on the transient gas and particle emissions from peat fires. Combustion and Flame (209) 408-417.
- Hu, E. Christensen, R. Restuccia, G. Rein. (2018) Transient Gas and Particle Emissions from Smouldering Combustion of Peat. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2018.06.008.
- Hu, N. Fernandez-Anez, T. E. Smith, G. Rein. (2018) Review of Emissions from Smouldering Peat Fires and Their Contribution to Regional Haze Episodes. International Journal of Wildland Fire, 27(5) 293-312 https://doi.org/10.1071/WF17084.
- Christensen, Y. Hu, F. Restuccia, M. A. Santoso, X. Huang, G. Rein. (2018) Experimental Methods and Scales in Smouldering Wildfires. Chapter 19 in: ‘Fire effects on soils: State of the Art and Methods’, CSIRO, Australia, (in press).
- A. Santoso, X. Huang, N. Prat-Guitart, E. Christensen, Y. Hu, G. Rein. (2018) Smouldering Fires and Effects on the Soil: the State of the Art. Chapter 14 in: ‘Fire effects on soils: State of the Art and Methods’, CSIRO, Australia, (in press).