For up to date list also check: http://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=N5r3oL0AAAAJ&hl
- Bhatti, Y., Basu, R., Barron, D., & Ventresca, M. 2018. Frugal Innovation: Models, Means, Methods. Cambridge University Press. (http://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/management/entrepreneurship-and-innovation/frugal-innovation-models-means-methods )
- Harris, M., Bhatti, Y., Prime, M., del Castillo, J., Parston, G., Darzi, A. 2016. Global Diffusion of Healthcare Innovation: Making the Connections. Doha, Qatar: World Innovation Summit for Health. (http://www.wish.org.qa/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/IMPJ4495_WISH_GDHI_WEB-1.pdf )
- Bhatti, Y. & Prabhu, J. 2018. (Accepted & forthcoming) Frugal Innovation and Social Innovation: Linked Paths to Achieving Inclusion Sustainably, In Handbook of Inclusive Innovation: The Role of Organizations, Markets and Communities in Social Innovation. Edited by Gerry George, Ted Baker, Paul Tracey and Havovi Joshi: Edward Elgar.
- Prime, M., Bhatti, Y., & Harris, M. 2017. Frugal and reverse innovation in surgery. In Global Surgery: The Essentials. Edited by Adrian Park and Ray Price: Springer, pp 193-206.
- Bhatti,Y. Khilji, S. & Basu, R. 2013. Frugal Innovation. In Globalization, Change and Learning in South Asia. Edited by Khilji, Shaista & Rowley, Chris. UK: Chandos Publishing. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780857094643500076 )
- Bhatti, Y., del Castillo, J., Olson, K., and Darzi, A. 2018. Putting humans at the center of healthcare innovation. Harvard Business Review, March. (https://hbr.org/2018/03/putting-humans-at-the-center-of-health-care-innovation )
- Prime, M., Attaelmanan, I., Bhatti, Y. et al. 2018. From Malawi to Middlesex – The case of the Arbutus Drill Cover System as an example of the cost saving potential of frugal innovations for the UK NHS. BMJ Innovations, March, 4: 103-110. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjinnov-2017-000233 )
- Harris, M., Bhatti, Y. et al. 2018. Low-Cost Innovation in Healthcare: What you find depends on where you look. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, 111(2): 47-50. (https://doi.org/10.1177/0141076817738501 )
- Bhatti, Y., Prime, M., Harris, M. et al. 2017. The Search for the Holy Grail: Frugal Innovation in Healthcare from Developing Countries for Reverse Innovation to Developed Countries. BMJ Innovations, 3(4). (http://innovations.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/bmjinnov-2016-000186)
- Bhatti, Y., Harris, M., Taylor, A., et al. 2017. Global lessons in frugal innovation to improve healthcare delivery in the United States. Health Affairs, 36(11). (http://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/abs/10.1377/hlthaff.2017.0480 )
- Harris, M., Bhatti, Y., et al. 2017. Explicit bias towards high-income country research: a randomized, blinded, crossover experiment in English clinicians. Health Affairs, 36(11). (http://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/abs/10.1377/hlthaff.2017.0773 )
- Kulasabanathan, K., Issa, H., Bhatti, Y., Prime, M., del Castillo, J., Darzi, A., Harris, M. 2017. Do International Health Partnerships contribute to Reverse Innovation? A mixed methods study of THET-supported partnerships in the UK. Globalization and Health, 13:25. (https://doi.org/10.1186/s12992-017-0248-2 )
- Prime, M, Bhatti, Y, Harris, M, Darzi, A. 2016. African healthcare innovation: An untapped resource? World Hospitals and Health Services Journal. Special issue on Learning from African Innovations, 52(3).
- Harris, M., Bhatti, Y., & Darzi A. 2016. Innovations in health care delivery -- Does the Country of Origin Matter in Health Care Innovation Diffusion? Journal of the American Medical Association, 315(11):1103-4. (http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2503181)
- Selin, C., Kimbell, L. Ramirez, R. and Bhatti, Y. 2015. Scenarios and design: Scoping the dialogue space. Futures, 74: November 2015. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016328715000804)
- Bhatti, Y., Selin, C., Ramirez, R. and Chermack, T. 2015. Introduction to the special issue in futures on design and scenarios. Futures, 74: November 2015. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016328715001391)
- Bhatti, Y., Nishtar, S. and Scott, I. 2014. Gender equality: Coming soon to emerging markets near you. Ivey Business Journal, March/April issue. (https://bit.ly/2lhpjyD and http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/95698410/)
- Bhatti, Y. 2014. Reverse Innovation: Create Far from Home, Win Everywhere. Book Review in South Asian Journal of Global Business Research, 3(1), 102-104.
- Bhatti, Y. 2013. Jugaad Innovation: Think Frugal, Be Flexible, Generate Breakthrough Growth. Book Review in South Asian Journal of Global Business Research, 2(2), 279-282.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Bhatti, Y., Mueller, J., Ramirez, R., Tapinose, E. 2017. An Empirical Study of Learning Scenario Planning and of Carrying out Scenario Planning Interventions. British Academy of Management Conference, Warwick, September 5-7, 2017.
- Tapinos, E., Ramirez, R., Bhatti, Y. 2017. The Relationship Between Selection, Application and Outcomes of Strategy Tools; the Case of Scenario Planning. Strategic Management Society (SMS) Annual Conference, Houston, October 28-31, 2017.
- del Castillo, J., Bhatti, Y., Hossain, M. 2017. The Collaboration between and Contribution of a Digital Open Innovation Platform to a Local Design Process -- The Case of OpenIDEO and Helix End-of-Life Challenge. British Academy of Management Conference, Warwick, September 5-7, 2017.
- Attaelmanan, A., Bhatti, Y., Prime, M., Harris, M., Darzi, A. 2017. The development and diffusion of surgical frugal innovations – lessons for the NHS. LSE International Health Policy Conference, London, February 16-19, 2017.
- Bhatti, Y. Ramirez, R., and Riaz, S. 2016. Using Live Cases to Learn Scenario Planning – How the purpose matters for impact and meaningfulness. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 5-9 August 2016, Anaheim. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2016:1 10973; https://journals.aom.org/doi/10.5465/AMBPP.2016.10973abstract
- Prime, M. Bhatti. Y, Harris, M., and Darzi, A. 2016. Frugal Innovations for Healthcare: A Toolkit for Innovators. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 5-9 August 2016, Anaheim. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2016:1 12622; https://journals.aom.org/doi/10.5465/AMBPP.2016.12622abstract
- Bhatti, Y. & Ramirez, R. 2015. Using Live Cases to Learn Scenario Planning – What impact on the executives in the Cases? Conference on Improving Scenario Methodology: Theory and Practice, 14-15 December 2015, Warwick Business School.
- Bhatti, Y., Kimbell, L., Ramirez, R., and Selin, C. 2014. Scenarios and Design -- Scoping the Dialogue Space for Oxford Futures Forum 2014. Oxford Futures Forum, University of Oxford. (Available at http://www.oxfordfuturesforum.org.uk/)
- Banerjee, P., Bhatti, Y., Jain, S., Fu, X., Ventresca, M., and Khilji, S. 2013. Frugal Innovation: Ways forward for Concept, Theory and Practice. 73rd Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 9-13 August 2013, Orlando, Anaheim. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2013:1 12079 https://journals.aom.org/doi/abs/10.5465/ambpp.2013.12079symposium
- Bhatti, Y. 2013. How social entrepreneurs conceptualize innovation -- the case of frugal innovation. Skoll Centre Research Colloquium on Social Entrepreneurship, 22-25 July, Said Business School, Oxford University. (Also accepted at 6th Annual Conference of the Academy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 29-30 Aug 2013, Oxford and the 2013 International Social Innovation Research, 2-3 Sept, Oxford).
- Bhatti, Y. 2012. What is frugal, what is innovation? Towards a theory of frugal innovation. Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 3-7 August 2012, Boston. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2012:1 10794; Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2005910
- Bhatti, Y. 2012. Towards a theory of frugal innovation. Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference, London Business School, 10-12 May, 2012.
- Bhatti, Y. 2011. The effect of institutional voids, resource constraints, and affordability constraints on innovation in local and foreign firms in emerging market contexts. 5th Woxbridge Doctoral Conference, Warwick Business School, Warwick, UK, 12-13 April.
- Bhatti, Y. 2010. The interplay of regional clusters, entrepreneurial activity and innovation across the European Union. 4th Global Entrepreneurship Research Conference, Imperial College, London, 2-3 Oct.
- Bhatti, Y. 2010. Establishing the effect of regional clusters on entrepreneurial activity—Evidence from the UK. 4th Woxbridge Doctoral Conference, Judge Business School, Cambridge, 14-15 April.
- Bhatti, Y. 2010. Does cluster activity enhance entrepreneurial activity? GEM UK Conference, Aston Business School, Birmingham, 30 March.
- Bhatti, Y. 2009. Establishing the effect of regional clusters on entrepreneurial activity. Academy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Conference, Beijing, China, 16-18 July 2009.
- Bhatti, Y. 2009. Clusters, Entrepreneurship and Innovation. VII th International Conference on GEM-based Research, Cadiz, Spain, June 2009.
Other (Technical reports and teaching case)
- Wadge, H, Bhatti, Y., Carter, A., Harris, M., Parston, G., and Darzi, A. 2016. Brazil's Family Health Strategy: Using Community Health Care Workers to Provide Primary Care, The Commonwealth Fund, December 2016. Available at: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/case-studies/2016/dec/brazil-family-health-strategy
- Bhatti, Y. 2010. “Trends from Emerging Markets: Rethinking Globalization, Innovation, and Diversity for Future Leaders”. Said Business School and Green Templeton College.
- Bhatti, Y. 2009. Teaching case on “Intellectual Property in Software Industry”. Said Business, Oxford.
- Bhatti, Y. 2009. Establishing the Effect of Regional Clusters on Entrepreneurial Activity—Evidence from the UK. Master’s Thesis. Said Business School, Oxford. Won the Dan Gowler Prize for Best Dissertation.
- Bhatti, Y. 2008. Manual on Objective Computer Based Testing Techniques. Ministry of IT Pakistan.
- Bhatti, Y. 2007. Paper for Higher Education Commission on “A First Step Towards Entrepreneurial Development in Pakistan: Entrepreneurship for Technologists”, FAST-NUCES, Islamabad.
- Bhatti, Y. 2004. Facilitation of Telecommuting -- Getting the Job Done. UNICEFF Staff Journal, July Issue.
- Bhatti, Y. 2004.UNICEF User Manual for e-General Vacancy System. UNICEF, New York.
- Malhotra, N., Mitra, S., and Bhatti, Y. 2003. Best Practices in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity – Project report for AT&T Corp. Georgia-Tech, USA.
- Ahmed, N., Bhatti, Y., Bilal, A., and Shaiq, S., 2000. Development Cooperation Report 1996-2000. United Nations Development Programme, Pakistan.
- Bhatti, Y. 2001. Strategy for Development of IT Sector. Pakistan Mission to United Nations, NY, USA.
Conferences Organised or Facilitated
1. Co-convener of Global Health Forum on “Frugal innovations in healthcare”, Imperial College London, 18 February 2016.
2. Researcher for The Commonwealth Fund International Symposium on “Achieving a High Performing & Sustainable Health Care System: Policies & Strategies to Bend the Cost Curve”, 7-9 Dec 2015, Washington.
3. Co-convener of Oxford Futures Forum on “Scenarios and Design”, 30-31 May 2014.
4. Facilitated innovation showcases for Institute of Global Health Innovation, Imperial College at World Innovation Summit for Health, Doha, 10-11 Dec 2013.
5. Co-organized full paper symposium on “Frugal Innovation – Concepts, Theory and Practice” at Academy of Management Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, 8-13 August, 2013. Sponsored by TIM, ENT and IM.
6. Co-organized Professional Development Workshop on “Globalization, Change and Learning in South Asia”, Academy of Management Annual Conference, Orlando, 8-13 August, 2013. Sponsored by IM, AAM.
7. Spearheaded the first three “Green Templeton College Symposium on Research Methods”, Oxford; themes were Ethnographies in 2010, Mixed Methods in 2011, and Ethics in 2012; later followed by Multidisciplinary Research in 2013.
8. Assisted in organizing the GTC “Emerging Markets Symposium”, GTC, Oxford, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013.
9. Invited by Emerald Publishing to contribute to "Impact of Publishing on Knowledge Sharing and Innovation Workshop" London, 27 Jan 2012.
10. Invited to blog for the Skoll World Forum, Oxford, 28-30 March 2012.
11. Provided Support for DK Center Programme for Leadership at Exeter College, Oxford, 14-15 April 2011.
12. Assisted as note taker for Futures Forum, Said Business School, Oxford, 18-19 April 2011.
13. Initiated and organized the first Said Business School Research Poster Competition, Oxford, May 2009.
14. Initiated and organized four National Business Plan Competitions, Pakistan, 2005-2008.