What's new for 2019-20
Here you will find recently updated versions of relevant policy documents and new resources to support your personal tutoring role:
- New for 2019/20: Coaching for personal tutors and how Personal Tutors can use coaching conversations in their tutorials, to help frame conversations in a positive and developmental way
- More short videos of personal tutors to accompany the key support services staff videos. These new videos feature current Imperial personal tutors talking about their experiences and offering tips for those who are new to the role
- More short talking head videos featuring students describing the power and benefits of the personal tutor system at Imperial, and key support services staff who have a role in supporting personal tutors and tutees
- Imperial College Union launches the Student Wellbeing Representative Network designed to collect well-being related feedback from students and to alert university staff of issues affecting students’ wellbeing within their cohort;
- Regularly updated, comprehensive list of Imperial College's Senior Tutors and Postgraduate Tutors;
- Depression awareness online training - raise your awareness about how to spot and support your students, including by involving others;
- Update yourself on the cognitive enhancing drugs increasingly taken by university students in the belief that it will help them study harder and longer;
- Guidance on how to manage a student's confidentiality;
- Signpost useful resources to your newly arriving UG and PG students:
- Imperial Student Space helps students navigate the wide range of support available at Imperial, bringing everything together in one place. Here you’ll find information on all of Imperial’s support services, alongside practical guidance, ranging from how to tackle personal issues such as homesickness and perfectionism to who to approach within the College for help with finding somewhere to live or budgeting for student life;
- Imperial Success Guide - academic advice for new and exisiting students.
If you would like to see anything added to this list please contact Kate Ippolito (k.Ippolito@imperial.ac.uk) in the Educational Development Unit.
Last updated 6th August 2019.