Interviewing for a Position outside Academia
Who should attend
Preparation is a key element of the job application process, especially for interviews. This course is designed for postdocs who are looking to move into a non-academic environment and will help you to understand and prepare specifically for the interview process.
Run by the Careers Service, there will be an opportunity to practise and develop your interviewing skills.
- Improve your understanding of what employers are looking for in the selection process
- Identify the evidence for some skills gained to date and your own unique selling points (USP)
- Gain an understanding of the interview process and how to prepare for an interview outside academia
- Clarify the difference between competency based and other types of interviews
- Look at the types of questions that may be asked during the interview and how to best answer them
- Improve interview performance through practice, video feedback and observation