Planning for Success Beyond Your Postdoc
Information and Booking
Tutors: Dr Emma Williams - Independent Consultant, Dr Karen Hinxman - Imperial College London
Cost: Internal no charge.
Duration: 2 days (non-residential - 09:00 - 17:00) with supplementary mini-workshops (1.5 hours)
Planning for success beyond your postdoc is designed to help experienced postdocs (usually with two to four years of postdoc experience) to take their next career step, academic or otherwise.
During the course you will be encouraged to explore your career options and develop an action plan to achieve the next step whilst enhancing your job application and interview skills.
- Reflect on the career choices you have made to date
- Review the skills and expertise you have acquired as a postdoc and identify gaps
- Develop strategies to move towards research independence
- Set clear and robust goals to achieve career progression
- Build a toolkit to search for jobs
- Prepare your CV for academic and non-academic jobs
- Construct an effective job application
- Refine your interview skills
Please note that attendance is mandatory on both days of this two-day course.
If a cancellation is made less than 15 working days before the course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the participant’s department. For cancellations received with less than ten days’ notice, a £250 charge will be levied from the delegate’s department.