Writing Tools for Research Publication Success
Information and Booking
24 and 26 March
30 June and 2 July
What have past participants found most useful?
- I learned to use a more analytic approach on how to build up and structure papers (Postdoc, Biology)
- Very good insight into emphasis, structuring of papers and how to focus the reader on the importance of the work. Very good trainers! (Postdoc, Chemical Engineering)
- It was great to have an actual tool that can be directly applied to my writing (Postdoc, Surgery and Cancer)
This online workshop, developed and delivered by the Centre for Academic English, provides targeted input and training towards writing a research paper for publication in your field. You will be given tools to analyse
research articles in your own discipline that will help you eventually create your own effective texts for publication. Through detailed, guided text analysis and exercises, you will learn to develop models for writing a research paper in your own field, and you will also gain knowledge of language features specific to key sections of a research paper.
You will learn to:
• use your reading of research papers to enhance your writing
• identify the key features of effective research papers
• organise and connect information optimally
• make appropriate language choices
• become reader-aware