Preparing Successful Fellowship Applications
Information and Booking
Trainer: Postdoc and Fellows development Centre (PFDC)
Cost: Internal no charge.
Duration: 1 day (09.30 - 16.30)
This course introduces postdocs to fellowship funding and the process of making a fellowship application.
During the course you will learn where to look for appropriate fellowship funding, how to apply and how to prepare a written application. Additionally you will take part in a practice exercise providing insight into the writing and peer review processes.
Successful applicants and panel members from Imperial will share their experience of applying for fellowships in a question and answer session.
- Where to find appropriate fellowship funding
- How to apply: A-Z of the application process
- Factors which contribute to successful applications
- Practice writing a fellowship proposal
- Gain experience in reviewing fellowship proposals
Please bring a laptop along with you. You will be required to write a 2-3 page research proposal as an exercise on this course which will need to cover the following:
A4 x 2-3 sides – handwritten or typed
- Title of your project
- Aims and research questions
- Background (context, track record)
- Plan: methodology
- How the fellowship will further your career
For this programme, you can request to be added to our waiting list if the programme dates are listed as "fully booked".