How Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Can Impact your Research
Information and Booking
Trainer: Dr Jeremy Holmes - Imperial Innovations
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 0.5 day (14.30 - 17.00)
What have past participants found most useful?
- Going through examples and very clear definitions of vocabulary
- The power of patenting for commercialisation
- How to source and more completely interpret they aspects of a patent
- Trainer is knowledgeable and enthusiastic
Formerly known as Making the most of Your research - Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Lack of awareness of intellectual property (IP) can result in UK researchers missing out. Many are not commercialising their own ideas and some are failing to prevent others from unfairly exploiting their research. This course brings in experts from Imperial Innovations to help to plug this knowledge gap. It enables postdocs to work out what type of intellectual property rights they need to protect their work and how to take the necessary steps to get it.
- Patents - what, why, who, where, how?
- Commercialisation of inventions
- Licensing and spin-out companies
- Dealing with companies—bridging the academia-industry divide
For this programme, you can request to be added to our waiting list if the programme dates are listed as "fully booked".