Interviewing for an Academic Position
Information and Booking
Trainer: Jane Pooler - Careers Consultant
Guest speakers – senior members of academic staff
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 1 day (09:30-16:30)
What have past participants found most useful?
- Having input from academic staff at Imperial was invaluable!!! (Postdoc, Grantham Institute)
- The course is very well balanced, and the trainers were very kind and pleasant to interact with. Well done, and thank you for motivating us (Postdoc, Electrical Engineering)
Formerly known as Planning for an academic career and interview
Who should attend
This course is designed for postdocs who are aiming to pursue an academic career. The Careers Service will help you to gain an insight into the academic application process and discuss how you can gain relevant experience for your CV.
You will observe a mock academic interview, find out how to prepare for an academic interview and improve how you come across. The competition for academic positions is intense; get one step ahead by attending this course
- Preparing for academic applications
- Expectations of the academic board
- Gaining recognition and experience
- Preparing for academic interview
- Planning further development
Participants are advised to bring a copy of their CV to the session and note down how to develop it further.
For this programme, you can request to be added to our waiting list if the programme dates are listed as "fully booked".