Navigating your Career
The PFDC provides a range of support to help you Navigate Your Career. Find some starting suggestions below and Development Resources and Opportunities.
When you first start at Imperial:
- Learn what the PFDC has to offer - A Successful Career Begins at Imperial
- Attend a PFDC Welcome Lunch
- Make sure you’re signed up for the PFDC newsletter
- Meet your departmental rep
- If this is your first postdoc, think about attending "Making the Most of Your Postdoc"
- Become a mock interview panellist to experience the interview process
Once you’ve settled in:
- Think about personal and professional development: attend workshops and courses and book a one-to-one appointment
- Start thinking about fellowships and job applications
- Have your fellowship/job application reviewed by the PFDC team
- Attend a Funders showcase
- Consider attending "Planning for Success Beyond Your Postdoc"
- Become a PFDC postdoc rep