Dr Aditya Sengar
I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Bioengineering. I am a computational physicist and my research interest lies in the multiscale modeling of physical systems. In the group of Dr. Thomas Ouldridge, I will be working on the development of a DNA model to capture the kinetics and thermodynamics of DNA processes. With this, we aim to mimic information copying of nucleotides in DNA is to a new RNA polymer, and then into a sequence of amino acids in a protein.
I previously worked in the particle based modeling of chemical reactions in microreactors and macroreactors. I obtained my PhD cum laude working on this project in the Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands.
My other research interests are in the study of nonlinear dynamical systems, like pedestrian flow problems and biosensor modeling.
- A. Sengar, J.A.M. Kuipers, R.A. van Santen. Deactivation Kinetics of the Catalytic Alkylation Reaction. ACS Catalysis, 2020, 10, XXX, 6988–7006
- A. Sengar, R.A. van Santen, E. Steur, J.A.M. Kuipers, J.T. Padding. Deactivation Kinetics of Solid Acid Catalyst with Laterally Interacting Protons. ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8(10), 9016-9033
- A. Sengar, J.A.M. Kuipers, R.A. van Santen, J.T. Padding. Towards a particle based approach for multiscale modeling of heterogeneous catalytic reactors. Chem. Eng. Sci. 2018, 198, 184-197 (Selected as cover picture of vol. 198 Chem. Eng. Sci)
- R.A. Van Santen, A. Sengar, E. Steur. The challenge of catalyst prediction. Faraday Discussions 2018, 208, 35-52
- A. Sengar, J.A.M. Kuipers, R.A. van Santen, J.T. Padding. Particle-based modeling of heterogeneous chemical kinetics including mass transfer. Physical Review E 2017, 96 (2), 022115
- E.N.M. Cirillo, O. Krehel, A. Muntean, R.A. van Santen, A. Sengar. Residence time estimates for asymmetric simple exclusion dynamics on strips. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 2016, 442, 436-457