Dr Wooli Bae
I am a research associate working in the Department of Bioengineering on “Genetically encoded nucleic acid control architectures” with Dr. Guy-Bart Stan and Dr. Thomas Ouldridge. I am expert in single molecule fluorescence and force spectroscopy techniques and DNA nanotechnology. I received my Ph.D. (in Physics, on single molecule fluorescence and force spectroscopy) in February 2012 from KAIST, Korea. After my Ph.D. I joined Professor Dr. Tim Liedl’s group in Munich, Germany to learn DNA origami technique after my Ph.D. I am always open for scientific (and sometimes non-scientific) discussions for better science so please don’t hesitate to come to me for a chat.
1. Francesca Nicoli, Anders Barth, Wooli Bae, Fabian Neukirchinger, Alvaro H. Crevenna, Don C. Lamb, and Tim Liedl. Directional Photonic Wire Mediated by Homo-Förster Resonance Energy Transfer on a DNA Origami Platform. ACS Nano (2017).
2. Alexander Mario Maier, Wooli Bae, Daniel Schiffels, Johannes Friedrich Emmerig, Maximilian Schiff, and Tim Liedl. Self-Assembled DNA Tubes Forming Helices of Controlled Diameter and Chirality. ACS Nano, 11, 1301–1306 (2017).
3. Philipp C. Nickels, Bettina Wünsch, Phil Holzmeister, Wooli Bae, Luisa M. Kneer, Dina Grohmann, Philip Tinnefeld, Tim Liedl (2016) Molecular force spectroscopy with a DNA origami–based nanoscopic force clamp. Science, 354, 305–307 (2016).
4. Samet Kocabey, Susanne Kempter, Jonathan List, Yongzheng Xing, Wooli Bae, Daniel Schiffels, William M. Shih,Friedrich C. Simmel, and Tim Liedl, Membrane-Assisted Growth of DNA Origami Nanostructure Arrays. ACS Nano 9, 3530–3539 (2015).
5. W. Bae, K. Kim, D. Min, J. Ryu, C.B. Hyeon, T.Y. Yoon (2014) Programmed folding of DNA origami structures through single-molecule force control Nature Communication, 5, 5654 (2014)
6. W. Bae, M. G. Choi, C. B. Hyeon, Y. K. Shin, T. Y. Yoon (2013) Real-Time Observation of Multiple-Protein Complex Formation with Single-Molecule FRET, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2013, 135, 10254−10257
7.Diao J, Ishitsuka Y, W. Bae Single-molecule FRET study of SNARE-mediated membrane fusion. Bioscience Report, 2011, 31, 457–463