Call for proposals
QSRI will co-fund Workshops consistent with its objectives focused on quantitative sciences. We encourage participants to come together to exchange the latest developments and ideas in their areas, to foster new collaborations and new interdisciplinary interactions, and to provide a forum for rigorous research-oriented discussions.
Opens: 01 October 2019
Closes: 04 November 2019
Level of award
The maximum contribution from QSRI will be £8,000 or 50% of total eligible workshop costs, whichever is the lower. For example, if the total expected costs of your workshop are £10k, you can claim up to £5k from QSRI with the remaining funding coming from other sources. In addition, the QSRI team can offer advice such as on venues, catering etc and provide support related to finances and event webpage.
How to apply
Before you start: Please read the eligibility criteria for applicants. You may want to see the Application Form template which provides some guidance on filling the application form.
Application Form: Please email the completed Application Form to a.soodXXimperial.ac.uk and a.veraartXXimperial.ac.uk (replace XX by @) by 5pm on 04 November 2019.
- Workshops must have co-organisers from the Department of Mathematics, Imperial and at least one other department at Imperial. The lead organiser can be from any department at Imperial
- Workshop organisers are required to promote diversity of speakers and attendees. They must comply to our Diversity Policy
- Workshops should ideally take place before 31 July 2020
- Maximum 40 participants
- Participants must include a mix of researchers from multiple departments/disciplines
- Invited speakers from at least two departments/disciplines
- QSRI funds can only be used to support travel and subsistence of invited speakers and early career researchers, and venue/catering costs
- The venue must be in or around one of Imperial College’s campuses
- The lead organiser is required to submit at the completion of their workshop a written report including information on participants and speakers
- Workshop organisers should acknowledge QSRI funding on their workshop website, reports etc.
Proposals will be assessed by the QSRI committee.
Small event scheme
These awards are set at a maximum of £1,000. The eligibility criteria remains the same as for the workshops call with the exception that there is no requirement on finding co-funding for your event. In addition, the small event scheme operates on a running basis, so there are no specific deadlines. Support for such an event should normally be sought at least one month in advance of expenditure. Please contact us if you would like to discuss such an event.