The MSc in Quantum Engineering consists of three elements. The following gives an indication of the course content:
- Core courses (accounting for 38% of the overall course mark);
- Option courses (accounting for 21% of the overall course mark);
- Project (accounting for 41% of the overall course mark).
Term 1 Core Modules (Total 30 ECTS)
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics – 6 ECTS;
- Tools for Quantum Engineering (Laboratory) - 5 ECTS;
- Systems Engineering - 6 ECTS;
- Quantum Information and Post Quantum Cryptography – 5 ECTS;
- Atoms and Photons – 5 ECTS;
- Quantum Engineering Laboratory – 3 ECTS.
Term 2 (Total 18 ECTS)
Optional lecture courses made up of selecting from the following list:
- Platforms for Quantum Technology – 6 ECTS;
- Information Theory – 6 ECTS;
- Metrology and Navigation for QE – 6 ECTS;
- Frontiers in Photonics Technology – 6 ECTS
- Option offered elsewhere in the College (with the permission of the mentor and the director of the Quantum Engineering MSc) – 6 ECTS.
Term 3 and summer period: Project Work
- Quantum Technology Innovations Programme (QTIP) – 4 ECTS.
Compulsory project work:
- Project literature review and project plan.
- Industry internship
- Full time project work - 38 ECTS.
More information can be found in the 2018-19 MSc QE Handbook 2018-19