ROAR is a central facility with all the hardware, software and expertise needed to support data-rich experimentation in synthetic chemistry.
High-throughput robotic reactor platforms
- Robotic reaction platforms to enable high-throughput parallel experimentation
- Possibility of reactions in plates, vials and bottles up to 125 mL
- Automated dispensing of solids and liquids
- Automated sampling during reactions
- High temperature and pressure capabilities
- Heated filtration for solubility and recrystallisation studies
Online, in situ, data-rich kinetic experimentation platforms
A suite of equipment for reaction progress and kinetic analysis across scales from 2 mL to 1 L.
- In situ infra-red spectroscopy
- UV-vis spectroscopy
- Automated sampling
- Collects temperature, pH and other PAT data
Continuous flow reactors
A suite of flow reactors for investigative research and scale up.
- Homogeneous and multiphase systems
- High temperature and pressure
- In-line IR spectroscopy
Advanced analytical suite
A suite of analytical instrumentation dedicated for rapid orthogonal analysis of reactions.
- uPLC-MS with rapid sampling capability
- SFC and uPLC hybrid system for rapid chiral analysis
- Further analytical capabilities available within the Department of Chemistry Measurement Suite