STFC Open Call
The STFC open call provides support for the College's academics to develop impact relevant activities which capitalise on the knowledge generated during your STFC funded research and training grants. The resource can be used for a broad set of activities that deliver or promote the benefits of research and PhD training to a full range of end users across industry, the public sector, the third sector and the wider public.
The impact activity can be used to support projects that build upon research supported directly by STFC or upon research that has been facilitated by significant input or use of STFC supported facilities.
The College has been awarded a third year of STFC Impact Acceleration Account funding for projects and activities running until March 2017.
- Support up to five high quality strategically focussed impact activities arising from STFC supported research to develop proof of concept studies or to carry out market analysis to identify potential impacts from the developed research/technologies
- Generate interest in undertaking impact activities across the STFC supported community
- Increase the number of high quality case studies related to the direct and/or indirect impact of STFC science.
We are currently accepting applications to the 2016/2017 STFC IAA; for more information please see the call guidance.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis every month; if your application is received by 5pm on the first Monday of the month unless otherwise stated below, you will informed of the outcome within that month. Applications received after the first Monday of the month will not be reviewed until the following month.
- There is no assessment of applications in August
- if the Monday is Bank Holiday, the deadline will be on Tuesday.