If you are an outstanding early-career scientist looking for an opportunity to focus on research and establish your scientific independence on a competitive salary, then the Imperial College Research Fellowship scheme could help you consolidate your standing in the scientific community and make the leap from post-doc to permanent lecturer.
- The scheme is for you if you have four years or less of academic post-doctoral research experience when you apply
- Applications are invited in all research areas active within participating departments at Imperial and are particularly welcome in areas that align with the College’s Academic Strategy
- We believe that diversity not only benefits Imperial but that it positively helps the sector to better represent the communities that we serve. To that end we encourage applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Each Fellow sets and directs their own research agenda
- There are no restrictions on nationality; if you are offered a Fellowship you will be provided with support from the College to obtain the necessary permission to work in the UK
- A competitive salary
- A contribution toward research and travel costs (up to £45,000) is also provided
- Your sponsor will be crucial in helping to establish your research independence and will provide individual mentoring as well as the space and equipment needed for your research
- You will be provided with career development and cohort activities including a welcome event, development days, and one-to-one coaching from ou Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre. More infomation can be found on the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre webpage.
- You may spend up to a total of 12 months visiting other research institutions and/or in industry including those overseas