Safety arrangements with partner organisations
Imperial College benefits from the co-location and close working relationships with other organisations and institutions at its various sites. Many of these relationships involve complex arrangements for the management of staff and the control of their activities. This page provides more information to staff and students on those agreements in place dealing specifically with Health and Safety in place between the College and its various partner organisations.
Use the links opposite to access details of the arrangements with specific partner organisations.
Principles of managing health and safety in shared spaces:
- An employer always retains a legal duty for ensuring the safety their own staff irrespective of where they are working.
- Imperial College also retains a responsibility for ensuring the safety of it’s students irrespective of where they are working.
- Adequate arrangements must be in place to ensure that it is clearly understood as to which party has responsibility for directing and controlling each aspect of the work activity and for the premises within which the activity takes place.
- The above arrangements must be formal and recorded.
- Documents such as leases, contracts, service level agreements (SLAs) etc. must either encompass the necessary health and safety elements or clearly cross-reference any specific health and safety Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) or other such arrangements.