Information and Booking
Trainers: John Ramsay, Lee Greatorex – ICT E-learning Support Team and Ella Mitchell – Library Services
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 2 hours (See times below)
1 November 2017 (14:00 – 16:00)
4 January 2018 (14:00 – 16:00)
Who should attend
All staff members who are interested in using the Turnitin plagiarism detection service, specifically those who will be setting up assignments or grading student submissions.
We offer two types of training session:
1) Turnitin Workshop with Library Services
These are advertised sessions hosted by E-learning Support & the Library. By the end of the session you will understand:
- Access to Turnitin and creating an assignment.
- How students submit an assignment.
- What options are available in setting up and submitting assignments.
- How Turnitin repositories are used.
- How to use the Turnitin GradeMark interface.
- What an originality report is and how to read one.
- The use of Turnitin as a teaching vs. detection tool.
- Raising awareness of potential plagiarism issues in students’ work.
2) Turnitin Workshop by Request
These are aimed at small groups of attendees and can be tailored to the group if required. If not they will cover the same as above, being run by the E-learning Support team only (without Library staff).
This training is available on request. Please contact the ICT Service Desk to request training using the link provided on the right of this page.