Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Etiquette
Even though we do not yet have a full BYOD structure in place, participants on our courses are welcome to bring their own electronic devices (laptops, tablets, smart phones), to take notes during a course.
In future, we will provide electronic course materials (as opposed to printed materials) where applicable.
We print on average 5000 course booklets every year. In the long term, providing only e-Materials would represent a significant saving (which would be used to broaden our provision), as well as being more ecological.
It is important that the use of mobile devices does not interfere with the good running of your course. Therefore, we ask you to follow these few simple guidelines:
- Please remain aware of the people around you, group dynamics and interaction
- Always give priority to class activities and discussions over what you are doing on the device
- Refrain from checking emails, Facebook, Twitter, etc...
- Turn off all sounds on your device
- Do not use your device for any activity unrelated to the course you are attending
- On some of our courses, tutors may ask delegates to put electronic devices away. Their decision overrides these guidelines.
- iAnnotate PDF is an app for reading and annotating PDFs on your Android tablet
- ezPDF Reader - is the best selling, best rated and most commented Multimedia PDF viewer, annotator, form filler with calculations and paperless solution.
- Google apps: Get help using your mail, calendar, documents, and other Google Apps