Academic Masterclass: Media Skills for Academics
This one day course provides anintroduction to the media. It involves interactive exercises, group work and discussion relevant to participants’ specialisms. The style will be informal and fun to encourage confident and effective communication.
- An informed insider view of the broadcast and print industries
- Examples of science in the media
- Interactive print exercises and press release development
- Recorded, practice radio interviews
- Good microphone and interview techniques
- Podcasting session to allow everyone to be interviewed and interview
- Voice and tone exercises
- Use of language
- How best to work with a press officer
Who should attend?
Early career Academics who want to raise their media profile and respond positively to media interest.