Academic Overload: How to Better Balance Your Competing Commitments
Do you feel overwhelmed by your to-do list? Do you willingly sacrifice leisure time for the sake of your work? Do you feel overloaded and exhausted at the end of each day? It is not uncommon to find academics juggling their workloads alongside a host of other responsibilities. Whether it’s publishing, teaching preparation, attending conferences, applying for jobs, or maintaining personal commitments – having multiple and competing commitments can often leave academics feeling depleted, with minimal to no downtime. This interactive workshop will explore the challenges of academic overload and ways to move beyond it. You will learn practical tools to balance your professional and personal commitments, while enhancing your enjoyment and sense of fulfilment in all areas.
Who should attend?
This session would be beneficial for academics who are juggling their workloads alongside other responsibilities.
- Reflect on the challenges and rewards of being an academic
- Consider the impact of stress and strategies for minimizing stress
- Discover how to become more aware of thought patterns
- Learn to prioritize the various tasks on your to-do list
- Discover how to approach each task with greater ease and enjoyment