Academic Masterclass: Science and Social Media
Exploring the potential benefits of using social media in a scientific context, and reflecting on how to successfully interact with it.
- Consider the advantages for using social media to promote your research and develop your networks
- Reflect on successful strategies for using the right social media for the right outcomes
- Understand the challenges and risks associated with social media use
- See good examples of science and social media, including from Imperial
- Begin to build a personal strategy and approach designed to bolster your wider scientific and research intentions
- Understand the role of social media in developing your reputation as a communicative scientist
Who should attend?
This session is designed for academics who are using, or considering the use of social media as a means to promote their area of research and connect with different audiences.