Academic Masterclass: Working with industry at Imperial - Navigating the Landscape and Maximising the Opportunity
Information and Booking
New dates will be added shortly.
Register your interest here and we will inform you of upcoming dates
Imperial has an excellent track record of working with industry, attracting corporate research funding in excess of £200m over the past 5 years. Our partners make our work possible and help us deliver benefit to society and the economy through our collaborative research. Imperial recognises and rewards collaboration as an essential part of our activities; we take pride in creating significant real-word impact for businesses encourage academics and research Staff to work across departments, fields and institutional boundaries to tackle industry challenges.
This session supports academics who are in the early stages of building industry connections, or who would like to begin to explore opportunities.
During the session you will discuss strategies to make meaningful connections with industrial partners, and gain insight into the research benefits brought through successful collaborations. The course leaders are Imperial staff from the Corporate Partnerships team with expertise in building and maintaining academic/industrial relations, and will present an overview of the current landscape, discuss modes of engagement, provide examples of existing relationships and direct you to support available in College.
- Fully understand Imperial’s approach to industrial collaboration, and the scope of support services available to Imperial researchers.
- Hone ability to frame a research problem with appreciation for the specific funding context.
- Explore and analyse the complexities of industrial collaborations in both research and consultancy.
- Critically review previous research collaborations between Imperial and industrial partners through a case study approach.
- Sharpen ability to adapt and tailor a pitch to the appropriate industrial context.
- Gain a better understanding of the landscape for industrial collaboration at Imperial and how we rank internationally.
- Develop networking links amongst a varied mix of Faculty peers which could in turn lead to new collaborations
Who should attend?
This session is designed for academics who are beginning to develop industrial connections, are interested in exploring opportunities, or who would like to know more about Imperial’s approach and support. To register interest in attending, please complete this form.