Building a Powerful Presence
Information and Booking
Trainer: Debra Leigh from the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama – External Consultant
Cost: Internal no charge. External not available
Duration: 0.5 day (09:30 - 13:00 or 13:30 - 17:00)
06 March - pm - St Mary’s - Fully booked
01 July - am
Who should attend
This practical workshop will provide an opportunity to build a more impactful personal presence.
The focus will be on developing vocal skills and power, increasing assertiveness and demonstrating confidence through body language. The workshop delivery will include active facilitation, individual and group led learning and interactive scenarios with the emphasis on 'learning by doing'.
It will build on the fundamentals of communication, body language and voice using actor training techniques for an innovative approach. Participants will leave the workshop with a tool-kit of proven techniques and some personalised feedback.
- Explore key techniques for personal impact
- Understand the power of body language to build influence and rapport
- Explore the relationship of posture and breathing for clear, confident communication and increased vocal power
- Implement articulation exercises for accuracy in speaking
- Employ effective techniques to minimise tension, reduce nerves and increase assertiveness
- Obtain personalised feedback in a short one-to-one