Leading Successful Teams
Information and Booking
Trainers: LDC Consultants
Cost: Internal no charge. External not available
Duration: 2 x 0.5 days (09:30 – 12:30)
Format: Online and self-study
09 & 10 December
28 & 29 January
23 & 24 February
22 & 23 March
13 & 14 May
29 & 30 June
28 & 29 July
Feedback from past participants
"By far, the best of the 3 leadership modules. Focus on practical applications rather than theory..."
"...As well as being a lot of fun, each of the tasks had a clear message and reinforced the theory in a way I will remember and apply in my working life..."
"...Absolutely fantastic in all aspects....just perfect!!"
This intensive course is Core 2 element of the Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme. The focus is specifically on the opportunities and challenges of leading teams; Inspiring and enabling them to perform well.
Delegates should leave a minimum of 4 months between completion of "Introduction to Managing Groups and Teams" and "Leading Successful Teams" in order to apply their learning in their day-to-day roles and be in the best possible position to get the most out of the course.
This course aims to develop enhanced skills of team leadership using a range of models, metrics, and practical experience, action learning set. The emphasis throughout will be on helping others to perform better collectively, practical application, and synergy.
The course consists of self-study and virtual sessions focused on practice
The virtual session is delivered over two half days and participation on both dates is required
- Please complete relevant self-study prior to attending the virtual session which builds on materials covered in the self-study.
- Pre and post-workshop self-study consist of bite-size theory, questionnaires, quizzes, articles, etc. and can be accessed in own time (you don’t have to be booked to the virtual session to access self-study materials)
- An integral part of this course includes a 360° review. This process will start 6 weeks before the start of the virtual workshop.
Who should attend
This course is designed for people who manage a team of a reasonable size and/or their role requires them to strongly influence the work and productivity of other people’s teams, such as Departmental Operational Managers.
It is expected that delegates will have completed the "Introduction to Leadership and Management at Imperial (ILMDP prerequisite)" and "Introduction to Managing Groups and Teams" and be reasonably confident in their ability to support and manage the performance of individuals.
Those who have no team or only manage a very small number are still encouraged to join the course but may have to vary their preparation and plan how to put into practice the tools and techniques in Leading Successful Teams. If you fall into this category, please contact one of the consultancy team to discuss your needs.
You will be expected to be conversant with MBTI types and take these under consideration when working with a team.
Some potential delegates may not have sufficient familiarity with MBTI and it may be possible to attend a short focussed workshop in advance of the programme. Please contact the LDC if you need to attend an MBTI workshop
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Increase self-awareness and impact on others
- Use a range of effective leadership practices
- Adapt style and techniques to support the achievement of team tasks
- Identify neglected leadership tasks and responsibilities and commit to action
- Give and receive feedback effectively
For this course, you can submit a booking form to be added to our interest list if a date is showing as "Fully Booked".