Overview of the programme
To complete the programme and receive certification and recognition, each participant will have completed:
1 Prerequisite module:
- Introduction to leadership and management at Imperial (2 x 0.5 days)
2 Core modules:
* This course is designed for people who manage a team of a reasonable size and/or their role requires them to strongly influence the work and productivity of other people’s teams, such as Departmental Operational Managers. This course also includes a 360° review
Other mandatory and elective modules can be completed in any order before, between or after taking the three Core face to face modules.
3 e-learning modules:
At least 3 elective modules:
- Decision Making (0.5 day)
- Harassment – The Management Perspective (0.5 day)
- Influencing Skills (1 day)
- Introduction to Operational Improvement Techniques (1 day)
- Introduction to Project Management (e-learning)
- Coaching Skills for Managers (0.5 day and self-study)
- Leading others through change (0.5 day and self-study)
- Having Effective Conversations (2x0.5 days and self-study)
- Safety Leadership Training (0.5 day)
- Unconscious Bias (0.5 day)
You can check your progress on ICIS
Please note that modules Core 1 and 2 must be attended in order as shown below, with a gap of at least 4-6 months. It is essential that you allow this gap in order to let the learning ‘sink in’ and to be able to apply and practice new management techniques in real-life situations. Introduction to Management at Imperial must be completed prior to attending Core 2.
The other mandatory and elective modules can be completed in any order.