Leading with Mental Health
Information and Booking
Trainer: Laura Rigden, Charlotte Wiseman Ltd
Cost: Internal, no charge. External, not available
Duration: 1 x 3-hour session (13:00-16:00) & 1 x 1-hour follow up session (10:00-11:00)
27 September & 08 November - Online
01 November & 13 December - Online
01 December & 12 January 2022 - Online
Leading with Mental Health will challenge stigma and give leaders the practical tools to spot the signs of ill-health. Our proactive approach to mental health aims to stop illness arising and enable early intervention. This promotes quicker recovery for the individual, limits the impact of ill-health on the College and enables employees to be the best they can be. Upskilling yourself in this way, you are boosting resilience, promoting engagement and enhancing staff loyalty.
This course is designed for Managers at the College. Delegates must complete the Mental Health First Aid Half Day training before making the booking request.
- What is mental health, and how can we promote positive mental health at work
- How to identify triggers & symptoms of low mental health and common mental illnesses
- The ALI model to have confident conversations around mental health, supporting individuals & directing them to appropriate professional support
- Roleplay, group activities & case studies to practice skills learnt
- Tips on managing when someone is signed-off work, including return-to-work interviews, reasonable adjustments, ongoing support & advance statements
- Confidence in managing confidentiality, promote diversity and inclusion and maintaining healthy boundaries when supporting someone unwell
To prepare you for the course, we suggest you review the ‘HSE-Management Standards and Guidelines’ in our resources section, and of course, book onto re-cap on the Mental Health First Aid content.