Health and Safety Training Implementation Committee
The Health and Safety Training Implementation Committee (HSTIC), currently chaired by the Deputy Director – Organisational Development and Inclusion, consists of Health and Safety professionals from the various faculties within the College. Its purpose is to identify and prioritise training needs at Imperial and to provide a forum where new training initiatives can be discussed, considered and responded to. If you use any safety training materials and would like them to be shared to a wider audience or if you would like training materials produced, please let us know. HSTIC ensures that courses and materials are of the highest quality and meet the requirements of College policy as well as relevant legislation.
The Health and Safety Training Implementation Committee (HSTIC) will review and implement the Health and Safety Training Strategic Plan. To make decisions on development need, priority and responsibility for delivery and to record and collate information regarding health and safety training.
This Committee will play a key role in ensuring the College complies with its legal responsibilities as well as its moral duties as identified within College policy and practice.
The committee will meet at least once a term.
- Susan Littleson - Deputy Director - Organisational Development and Inclusion, Human Resources Division
- Surrinder Johal - Director of Safety
- Sukwinder Singh - Faculty Safety Advisor (Faculty of Medicine)
- Stephen Greenwood - Faculty Safety Manager (Faculty of Engineering)
- Stefan Hoyle - Head of Health and Safety (Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- Eric Miranda - Learning and Development Consultant (Safety)
- Maria Grigsby - Health & Safety Compliance Manager (Campus Services)
- Vijay Tymms - Principal Teaching Fellow, Physics (Joint Unions Representative)
- Claire O’Brien - Director of Occupational Health
- Sean Fanning - Chief Fire Officer
- Denis Murphy - Head of Health and Safety (Estates Projects)
- Angela Williams - Learning and Development Officer (Estates Operations)
Terms of Reference
The Committee shall comprise:
- Chair – Director of HR & Organisational Change
- Deputy Director - Organisational Development and Inclusion
- Director of Safety
- Director of Occupational Health
- Chief Fire Officer
- Learning and Development Consultant (Safety)
- Centre Manager, LDC
and representatives from:
|Area represented||Role of representative|
|Campus Services||Health & Safety Compliance Manager|
|Estates Division||Head of Health and Safety|
|Faculty of Engineering||Faculty Safety Manager|
|Faculty of Natural Sciences||Head of Health and Safety|
|Faculty of Medicine||Faculty Safety Adviser|
|Imperial Business School||Facilities and Services Manager|
|Joint Trade Unions||Unite, Unison, UCU|
The Committee will direct the provision of Health and Safety training by:
- Annual review and update of the Health and Safety Strategic Plan.
- Identifying and prioritising training needs, including gaps identified through audits.
- Allocating responsibility between central (LDC) provision and local delivery.
- Quality Assurance of Health and Safety training to ensure standards are maintained.
- Agreeing an annual training programme
It will support the development of Health and Safety awareness by:
- Regularly reporting to Health and Safety Consultative and Environment Committees.
- Producing and circulating reports on training provision, uptake and impact.
- Providing a forum where new training initiatives can be discussed, considered and responded to.