Compressed Gases and Connecting Gas Regulators
Who should attend
All staff or postgraduate students whose activities involve working with compressed gases and connecting regulators in a laboratory environment should attend this course.
Delegates must complete the relevant e-learning session: Compressed gases and connecting gas regulators e-learning prior to making the booking request.
You will be emailed a unique ID and a link to a booking form on successful completion of the e-learning module.
Delegates must also read the Code of Practice – Gases CoP Safe handling
- Why accidents happen
- Risk assessment
- Correctly identifying gas cylinders
- Identifying potential hazards and defects of gas regulators
- Understanding how to fit a regulator to a cylinder valve
- Recognising the need to open cylinder valves slowly
- Knowing how to correctly leak test gas cylinders correctly
- Recognising the hazards involved when handling gas cylinders
- Demonstration of manual handling techniques