Health and Safety Responsibilities for Academic Supervisors/Principal Investigators
Information and Booking
Trainer: Surrinder Johal - Safety Department
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 1.5 hours (14:00 - 15:30)
Unless otherwise stated, all courses are held in South Kensington.
Who should attend
This mandatory course provides supervisors with an overview of their legal responsibilities enshrined in the College's Health & Safety policy. The course content also includes a brief overview of risk assessment - a legal requirement for all work activities. This is an opportunity to meet the Safety Director and discuss any relevant issues relating to responsibilities of supervisors in the workplace.
- College policy and accountability.
- Planning and budgeting for safety.
- Setting and enforcing standards.
- Risk assessment - its relevance to your work and the basic principles.
- Working in shared areas.
At the end of the course you will understand
- Your legal responsibilities and the consequence of non compliance.
- Principles of risk assessment.
- The Four Cs- control, competence, communication and co-ordination and their relevance in the workplace.
- Know where to get help and guidance.