Taxis and coaches
Victoria Stanger - Strategic Purchasing Advisor
Phone: +44 (0)207 594 8592
Taxis and coach hire
Where possible always use College nominated or hotel recommended taxi firms and never use unlicensed taxi's or offered rides from unknown individuals. Even if a taxi or mini cab is sourced from a trusted or recommended company, including firms such as Uber, you are getting into a stranger’s car. You must take sensible precautions including those issued by the service provider.
Please follow the conditions outlined in the Expenses Policy under Taxis.
Additional safety precautions for taxis
Additional safety precautions for taxis
- Use the taxi company’s formal methods for booking the service.
- Try not to travel alone. Always share a ride with a colleague where possible.
- Know precisely where you want to go and the route that should be taken.
- Check that the vehicle and driver are the ones you ordered. Check the firm, the driver's licence, name, appearance and ID all match.
- Do not get in the front seat, always ride in the back.
- Make sure that the driver knows you are in touch with a friend or colleague, even if you make a fictitious call. Say where you are, who your driver is and when you are expected to arrive.
- Do not share any personal contact information with the driver. This includes phone numbers, other details about your trip plans or accommodation.
- If there is a dispute, be polite but firm.
- If you are concerned about the driver’s behaviour ask to stop and be let out as soon as it is safe to do so. If they refuse do not remain silent. Contact the emergency services immediately, activate any personal security help devices or apps and contact a friend or colleague. If you are sat in the rear of the vehicle it makes it difficult for the driver to prevent you doing this.
Hiring taxis and coaches in the UK
Ensure that you have a valid purchase order raised for the booking. If you have permission to raise purchase orders, use the Taxis link on the iProcurement front page, ensuring the correct type is selected.
Addison Lee (ECO) ** PLEASE BE ADVISED due to a breach in security with our Account, it is currently on hold until further notice
Call (+44) 084 4888 8888 to make a booking. Quote account number 456535 and Imperial College London.
Please note that our account is set up with the Toyota Prius as the preferred car. If you have a specific request for a vehicle such as an MPV, minibus or coach this can be arranged for you.
Oak Tree Cars
Call (+44) 020 8749 1108 to make a booking and quote Imperial College London.
GREEN TOMATO CARS - account number 5902
All agreed charges are detailed in our GTC Price List 2019 for local journeys. Please contact our Account Manager at Green All Tomato Cars to obtain a quote for any other destinations.
Please NOTE YOU MUST register to book FIRST using the online portal HTTPS://ONLINE.GREENTOMATOCARS.COM/WEB-PORTAL/REGISTER.
To make telephone bookings you can also register by emailing Victoria Stanger firstname.lastname@example.org or with the Team Manager directly Daniel.email@example.com using only your Imperial College email address and quoting your CID number.
Telephone: (+44) 020 8568 0022 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Team Manager (Account Management) is Daniel Kite and can be contacted on (+44) 020 7107 0777 or mobile (+44) 07388 227 567 or email at Daniel.email@example.com
Ensure that you have a valid purchase order raised for the booking. If you have permission to raise purchase orders, the following coach companies are present as suppliers on ICIS.
|Supplier||Contact details for bookings|
Bliss Travel Ltd
|Tel: (+44) 020 7394 6358
Fax: (+44) 020 7730 6492
Web: Bliss Travel
|Imperial College Union minibuses
Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2AZ
|White Bus Services
North Street Garage, Winkfield, Windsor, SL4 4TF
|Tel: (+44) 013 4488 2612
Fax: (+44) 013 4488 6403
Web: White Bus
|London Mini Coaches Ltd
Unit 23 Air Links Industrial Estate, Spitfire Way, Heston, Hounslow, TW5 9NR
|Tel (+44) 020 8589 0795
Web: LM Coaches
The Kings Ferry Travel Group
|Tel: (+44) 016 3437 7577
Web: The Kings Ferry Travel Group
11 Sipson Lane, Harlington Village, Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 5EH
|Tel: (+44) 020 8897 6603
Web: Commonwealth Coaches
Minibus Hire (Student Union)
Hire a College Minibus via the Student Union - Step by Step Guide
- College contacts the Student Activities Administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org with a booking enquiry
- Union sends College a booking form along with a Minibus FAQ
- College returns booking form with details of their request, including departure and return time. This is order to give an accurate estimate of the cost.
- If a bus is available we provisionally book a minibus, send an estimate of the cost of the hire and the fuel, and request a purchase order. We also ask if their drivers are union approved. If not they must go on a test which they can book online, by purchasing a test on the Union Shop. £20 for an in hours test and £30 for an out of hours test.
- Once they have sent us the PO, an invoice is sent and they have a union approved driver, the union can confirm their booking
- College receives a confirmation email
- College pick up keys before they set off
Frequently Asked Questions
For further guidance, please see FAQs
Return to Bookings, transport and visas.