Being an assistant supervisor
Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation and suspension of face-to-face teaching, many EDU workshops have been postponed until further notice.
If you would like to register your interest in a workshop in order to receive updates on future dates and any online offerings, please complete the workshop expression of interest form.
Tutors (two per session)
- Professor Martyn Kingsbury
- Dr Rob Davies
- Dr Andrew Horsfield
- Professor Jenny Nelson
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at postdocs or others who formally or informally assist with PhD supervision and want to work towards the 'Assistant Supervisor' title. There is also an online version of this face-to-face workshop available via the Graduate School website
If you are involved in PhD supervision and are unsure about which training you require, please see this page on continuing professional development for supervisors and discuss your role with your Head of Department/Director of Postgraduate Studies.
This workshop aims to
- provide you with an understanding of the research degree milestones at Imperial College London
- highlight some of the most common pressures and issues faced by students at this institution and how you might respond to these
- provide you with best practice guidance on how to deal with particular challenges
- share with you links and information on where to seek further support and guidance, if required