Digital skills learning and training project
What we are doing
We are working to improve the digital skills training provision to offer a diverse set of learning opportunities to provide you with the digital communications knowledge you need.
We currently provide a number of online materials in the Web Guide, including CMS how to guides, top tips and web skills articles, alongside this we also provide in person training courses, for example, Introduction to T4 Site Manager and Writing for the web.
We want to add further topics and training activities that you would like to be made available to you. You can let us know what training topics and activities are important to you by completing this five minute survey.
As part of the project we will be undertaking an audit of the Web Guide to ensure that you can find these new training materials easily and logically. If you would like to let us know what you think of the current Web Guide please complete the Web Guide Feedback form.
Why we are doing it
- We want to offer digital communications training and learning materials that you need to build confidence when using our web tools and platforms.
- To maintain high communications standards across the College for our audiences.
- To support the activities of the College Communications Network.
Benefits to you
- Increased confidence when using College web communications tools and platforms.
- Higher standards of digital communications across your department / division.
- Increase engagement with your audiences through best practice digital communications.
- Gain skills and experiences in digital communications for your career progression.
- Easily find training materials that you can utilise to improve your digital skills.
|Deliverables/Milestones||Start date||End date|
|Discovery||March 2019||April 2019|
|Project planning||April 2019||May 2019|
|Auditing||May 2019||June 2019|
|Create training materials||June 2019||Oct 2019|
|Governance model||July 2019||Aug 2019|
|Performance measurement plan||July 2019||Aug 2019|
|Communications plan||End Aug 2019||End Sept 2019|
|User acceptance testing||Sept 2019||Sept 2019|
|Launch activities||End Sept 2019||Oct 2019|
|Launch||Oct 2019||Oct 2019|
|This timing is based on the agreed deliverables for the project. Further training materials and Web Guide updates will be delivered on a business as usual basis from the launch date.|
If you would like to leave feedback, be consulted on the project or share your ideas please compete this five minute survey.
Contact Liz Scholfield, Project Coordinator, if you have further feedback or have any questions about the digital skills learning and training project.