Imperial’s new website
The first phase of a two-year project to review and refresh Imperial's website launched on 8 December 2014. The project involved staff and students from across the College. Read more about the background to the project.
The project was completed in April 2016.
The main navigation was revised into four main areas:
- Study (for prospective students)
- Research and Innovation (our research and translation activities)
- Be inspired (outreach and public engagement work, social and multimedia)
- About (history, mission, structure etc)
- There are also links at the top for: A-Zs for academic areas, people finder and administrative and support services, plus an ‘Information for’ audience drop down menu
- A site-wide footer on the site is designed to help users find key links
- Pages in the site scale to your screen size and are optimised for mobile and tablet, as well as desktop use. On mobile and smaller tablet screen sizes a 'burger' menu appears at the top of the menu
- News highlights from the College on every page will help us share Imperial’s achievements more widely.
The migration to the current design was completed just before Easter 2016.