The homepage is an important front window for the College. Its purpose is to make an excellent first impression and convey something of the essence of the College’s unique mission and values to a broad external and internal audience.
The objectives of the homepage are to:
- Demonstrate the full spectrum of College life and activity by focusing on core themes from the College’s strategy, key messages, values, as well as major news and events.
- Change regularly with fresh, dynamic and stimulating content.
- Link to high quality content.
- Be relevant to an external audience, although major internal initiatives could feature if they help to convey the College’s mission and values.
- Visually impress with high quality images and photography.
Examples of content
Content for the homepage needs to be top level and focused on large key audience groups. Below are examples of the types of content that would typically feature:
- Study at Imperial – content focused at prospective students at key points in the undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment and applications cycles
- Research breakthroughs, innovations and spin-outs – stories that illustrate world class excellence and breadth of collaboration internally and externally
- Big items of College news – e.g. opening of a new building, launch of a new centre, senior appointments, collaborations, prestige awards and achievements
- Advancement initiatives – fundraising and development campaigns
- Major public events – e.g. Imperial Festival
- Student life events and features – e.g. welcome week, student achievements, graduation, careers fairs
- Flagship outreach and public engagement initiatives
In addition to the homepage, the site wide news banner that appears on the top of every page also offers opportunities to promote select news stories.
The homepage is managed by Communications and Publics Affairs. If you would like to contribute ideas or suggestions for top level homepage content, please contact Jesse Alter from the Digital and Creative Media team.