‌‌‌‌‌‌Replacement Degree Certificates

Update 4 January 2021:

In accordance with UK government and Public Health England advice relating to the ongoing COVD19 pandemic, the Assessment Records Team has a reduced on-site presence and limited access to neccessary document printing and dispatch facilities.  

Requests for replacement degree award documentation continue to be accepted by the Assessment Records Team, and will be fulfilled as soon as possible. Your patience during these challenging times is much appreciated.  

Replacement degree certificates are only issued by the College in exceptional cases, under the conditions outlined in the Regulations for the Replacement of Lost or Damaged Diplomas (pdf).

Degree certificates are issued in the full name as registered by the College at the point of award conferral. No change can be made to a student’s name after graduation unless the name change is related to a gender reassignment, in which case the College will need legal proof of name change such as a statutory declaration of name change or Deed Poll, prior to the re-issue of the degree award documentation. For further information, please contact the Assessment Records Team at certificates@imperial.ac.uk

It is expected that cases of non-receipt of the original degree award documentation will be raised with the College within 12 months of the award conferral date.

Requests for a replacement certificate should be made using the Replacement Request Form [doc]‌, and accompanied by appropriate proof of identification (e.g. copy of passport, birth certificate, driver's licence). ‌

Completed forms and supporting documentation should be emailed to the Assessment Records Team for processing.

Please note that all Imperial College London degrees awarded prior to 2007 were conferred by the University of London. As a result, if you graduated prior to 2007, you are advised to contact the University of London directly to request a replacement degree certificate.

Statement of Award letters

If you graduated from Imperial from 1 September 2019 onwards, a Statement of Award letter is now available to you via your My Imperial student portal. Log in to My Documents using your College username and password to access your Statement of Award letter, which confirms your basic personal, programme registration and award details.

Statement of Award letters for all other Imperial graduates can be requested via the College's Alumni Document Request Form (https://www.imperial.ac.uk/registry/eform).