Completing Research Status
Students who wish to retain access to College facilities whilst writing up their thesis may register for a 12-month writing up period. A registration fee of £200.00 will be payable and these students will be given “completing research status.”
Students will be eligible, where appropriate, for Council Tax exemption if they were registered as full time students immediately prior to going on to CRS.
- To be eligible to register as a CRS student, a research student must have met the minimum registration requirements and completed all experimental and programming work.
- A formal CRS milestone must be completed to ensure the student has completed all substantive research and that during the CRS period the student will be solely engaged in writing up the thesis.
- Students are expected to submit an Examination Entry Form no later than 4 months prior to their expected submission date.
- The CRS registration status cannot exceed 12 months and should usually follow immediately after the end of the student’s normal registration period.
- At the end of the CRS period a student will be recorded as ‘Writing up Away from College’ until the thesis is submitted, they will not be registered during this period but will retain VPN access until thesis submission and for a further 12 months from the date of thesis submission.