Concerned about your child
Imperial offers a College-wide network of academic and wellbeing support to smooth the transition to university life, including:
- a department-based personal tutor system
- the Success Guide offering advice and resources to help students excel in their studies
- an international student support service, providing immigration advice, and a range of events and social activities throughout the year
- residential support teams in all our halls of residence
- an on-campus Health Centre and dental surgery
- a Disability Advisory Service to support students with a disability, specific learning difficulty or long-term health or mental health condition
- trained counsellors to talk through any personal or emotional issues
- a multi-faith chaplaincy
- a buddy scheme creating departmental 'families' by pairing first years with returning students.
If you are concerned about your child, please encourage them to access some of the support available – we are here to help and want to see your child flourish at Imperial. This website has lots of practical advice, and your child can find contact details here to talk to someone and get support.
Due to Data Protection law (which protects the personal details of our students), we are not able to assist you if you contact us directly. Therefore please do urge your child to get in contact with someone themselves.