Register with a doctor

All students are advised to register as an NHS patient with a GP Practice. You can find more information about how to do this on the Find a doctor page.

South Kensington campus

If you are studying at the South Kensington campus you may use the NHS Health Centre in Prince's Gardens during its opening hours, but you still need to be registered with a local GP.

The Health Centre has a triage clinic each weekday morning from 8.30 to 10am. This is a walk-in service, where you can talk briefly with a doctor about more urgent problems that cannot wait for the next appointment. The clinic operates on a queuing system and this may involve a wait. For routine matters, it is better to make an appointment. There is also an emergency clinic in the afternoon, for problems that cannot wait until the next day. Please contact the Health Centre directly on 020 7584 6301. 

Silwood Park

Contact Kings Corner Surgery on 01344 623 181. Dr Norminton holds a surgery at Silwood Park Campus most Thursdays 11.00–12.00.

NHS emergency and urgent care services

NHS 111 is the national healthline, providing health advice, information and reassurance to all users who have concerns about their health. Just dial 111 from any phone. This is a non-emergency number.

For emergencies, dial 999 if you are off campus. If you are on campus, it is crucial to remember to alert Security first by calling 020 7589 1000 (or extension 4444 if dialing from a College phone); a member of the Security team will then call the emergency services for you. Emergency contact numbers for the different campuses can be found on the Estates website - it is a good idea to save the relevant number(s) in your phone.

Find out more

International students can find out more about access to the NHS from the International Student Support web pages.

If you have a health issue, either physical or mental, which is affecting your ability to study or take assessments, then this may be considered as a mitigating circumstance. Information about what to do is available from the mitigating circumstances webpage.