It’s no secret that it can be challenging to find housing in London. If you are encountering difficulties, rest assured that you are not the first student to navigate this.
There are places on campus and online where you can find support, information and advice:
- The Student Hub is here to help you find the right place to live whether in halls of residence or in private accommodation. Advisors can also provide guidance and advice on tenancy agreements, contracts and deposits and are happy to liaise with landlords and agents on your behalf.
- Imperial Home Solutions is a property search website exclusive to Imperial students and also provides some basic advice on contracts.
- The Advice Centre is a free, impartial and confidential service provided by Imperial College Union. It can offer you practical help, such as legal advice on unfair terms in housing contracts.
- You can find lots of helpful information on the College's private accommodation webpages, including a step-by-step guide for searching private accommodation, and information on council tax and private halls.
- Be aware of fraud and view the Fraud warning issued by the Metropolitan Police.
If your housing situation is causing anxiety, please talk to someone. You may feel comfortable talking with your Personal Tutor or warden, or one of the chaplaincy team or counsellors. Senior Tutors in each department can also listen and provide support.